Thursday, February 9, 2012

About Me Poster

About Me



I wanted to keep the About Me poster simple, but still colorful and attention-grabbing - all qualities that I possess and wanted to convey.  I strongly believe in making in your own path in life (especially ones that take you through trees), and although this quote is extremely overused it fit well on the path and works with the piece.  I love nature and trees and getting lost outside, and I think this poster really conveys that.  I had to put my bike in here as well, because I love to bike.  The bike is not as smooth as I wanted it to be - but I'm still working on mastering Photoshop (aren't we all?).  The drop shadows on the words are alright, but still not what I wanted it to look like.  Oh well, I still love Photoshop!

I selected a picture of myself from a previous image, and pasted it into the background.  Rachel Dawson helped show me how to do drop shadows on text in Photoshop, so I was able to create depth with the words - to give the allusion that they are actually on the path.  I created perception with my words, making them appear that they are getting closer to you as you walk the path.  I like using the natural flow of elements in pictures to emphasize the placement of new added words or images.  I also selected the bike from another picture, and pasted it along the trees (I wanted it to look like it was leaning against the tree - I should have added blades of grass in front of the tires, instead I attempted to add shadows behind the wheels.)

No comments:

Post a Comment