Monday, February 6, 2012

Principles of Visual Design


 Assignment 1:
               
                          Before:                  
                         After:

 For the first part of the activity, I grouped the objects by shape.  I rotated and resized the rectangles to give a 3-D appearance, with the rectangles descending from largest to smallest.  I also made it a gradient red color to emphasize the 3-D effect.  For the ovals, I grouped them from largest to smallest again, but placed each oval inside each other.  I decided not to place the ovals centered within each other (a little to the left) to make the group more original.  I also colored the circles dark to light in descending order.  The third group is a weird arrangement of overlapping crescents.  I really liked how I resized the smaller two shapes and arranged them above and below the equally distant larger crescents. Each group was rotated consistently to create the images.  I reflected the crescent group - not sure if that does much to the shape, but it gives it a different perception from the others.

Assignment 2:  C-A-R-P



                              Before:
 


                          After:      


I grouped the subtitle information and directions to the event together to emphasize that the information is related to one another.  I used a bold font to exaggerate the date of the event, an italicized, smaller font for the name of the place, and a smaller font equally below to show the directions of the event.  The proximity of the three lines convey the importance of the information.  

The two horizontal lines at the top and the bottom of the poster separate the main title and the contact information, creating horizontal alignment on the poster.  I used the same color green in the lines and the glow behind the title.  I think it creates a nice unifying look and shows repetition.  The same font was used for the directions, contact information, and subtitle information; again showing repetition and unity.  The contrast between the wood background, the green colors, and the large bold font of the title make the poster appealing to the eye.   

No comments:

Post a Comment