Monday, February 27, 2012

Emphasis

Before:



















After:

First-



















Second-



















For the emphasis assignment, using color or value, we had to create a similar image from the original that used emphasis in a meaningful way.  I found this photo on stockvault.net and was instantly attracted to it.  With the bright yellow wall and the two children placed perfectly off-centered to the left (principle of unequal spacing), this image was perfect to create emphasis.

I created two different images in Photoshop to show how the saturation of an image can affect its message.  For the first image I selected everything around the children.  I dropped the saturation to its minimum to make everything gray around the kids.  I sharpened the kids to give them more of a "pop" against the grey background.  I really like how that one came out.  It completely brings your attention to the children, instead of the yellow wall.

For the second photo, I did the opposite of the first and only selected the children.  I left the hues alone with the yellow wall because I wanted that to remain the focus.  I minimized the saturation of the kids and kept the contrast of the two subjects (kids and wall) .  I saved them as "Save for Web and Devices" and saved each as a .jpg in order to upload them to the blog.  I really enjoyed this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment