Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Alignment

Alignment


                     Before:

                               
                     After:


For this project we we're assigned to:
Create a flyer using the same layout and alignment strategies found at the bottom of p. 85.  Be sure to clearly demonstrate alignment as shown.
 
I chose to create a flyer for bikes.  I found the bike image on Google, and in Power Point, I recolored each image (duplicated three times for repetition) in Dark Variations under the Recolor option.  I flipped the middle image horizontally to create a different perception of the bike.  I used a black 2 3/4 line to frame each image.  The pattern and placement of the bikes creates a visually stimulating image.  
For the text, I went to lipsum.com, as suggested, to create fake text for the layout.  The top three sentences are left-justified, but not centered.  I also put the text in italics to demonstrate that it's a header.  With equal spacing between the header and the paragraph text, I created the title.  The title is center-justified, and I kerned and expanded the text so the top and bottom lines would align - creating strong horizontal lines .  I placed the paragraph in a two-column layout and made the "L" larger to wrap around the text.  I used the same colors in the bikes that I used throughout the text.  For the logo in the bottom right, I also kerned and expanded it so it would align with the last paragraph.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment