Monday, February 27, 2012

Harmony

Harmony
Repetition and Visual Echo Assignment



For the project we had to: 
Design a visual “lesson” involving the concept.
Demonstrate harmony using repetition (p. 53).
Demonstrate harmony using visual echo through at least one of the following:
Color
Style
Content
Typography
 
I had a hard time coming up with an idea for this project (and I still don't think it's the best), but I tried to think back to all the posters I grew up with in classrooms in elementary school.  Along with the requirements for the project, I remember the design of the posters and that repetition was always being used.  I love animals and wanted to demonstrate the "circle of life" (how cheesy) by showing three different large animals that most children can recognize.  

Through horizontal and vertical alignment, I created visual harmony with this poster.  Horizontally, the male animal is first, then the female, and then the baby.  Vertically, you can look at the poster and see each male animal, each female, and each baby equally placed.  The plus and equal signs are also aligned horizontally and vertically, placed equally between each subject.  I filled the symbols with a green texture from PowerPoint to echo the "safari" theme.  Through color and content, I was able to create visual echo and harmony on the poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment