Sunday, February 12, 2012

Grouping Activity 1







Anarchy! Anarchy!
I really liked this activity, because it got us thinking about how we group our objects and the meaning it conveys.  I had trouble figuring out a group for the celebration slide...I'm really not a big fan of stars for some reason...the symbolism of them seems overused and they aren't exciting anymore.  I used shadowing for the escape and anarchy slide to give the shapes more depth.  Using unequal spacing on the escape slide, I was able to create the appearance of moving objects (along with the shadows).

Color also played a large part in the portrayal of the words.  With intimidation, I instantly thought of scared and angry, and those emotions evoke a red and black color.  I wanted to create the essence of fire with anarchy, so I used a lot of reds, oranges and yellows for that slide.  Logic is bright and critical, and I instantly thought of yellows and light blues for logic.  The unequal spacing in anarchy and escape definitely help portray the symbolic words.  I rotated each symbol many times to create the image I was imagining.  The placement of the 10 symbols, whether they be unequally spaced, grouped, or arranged in front or behind, creates individual meanings for each word.  I saved each slide as a .jpg and uploaded each separately to the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment