Thursday, February 16, 2012

Grouping Activity 2


Unfortunately I do not have Photoshop on my computer, so I had to use PowerPoint to create my poster.  I used a lot of synonyms of my "chosen" word placed throughout the tree.  The tree with deep roots also exemplifies my word in a metaphorical way.  I chose a color palette for my fonts that complimented the background picture.  To make the words pop, I used a matching glow color of the flowers in the background.  Both the tree and the words are lined in black in order for them to be noticed first.  I added a small black ribbon next to the word survivor to give the word a visual connected to it.

I grouped all of my words around the focal point - the tree.  Using the layout of the tree, and the text effects in PowerPoint, I shaped each word around the flow of the lines of the roots and the branches.  Unequal spacing was used throughout the entire tree, even though I tried to make things look somewhat organized and repetitive.  I should have made the tree bigger, like one of my peers suggested, in order for it to look centered on the page.  The contrast between the black tree and the pastel background give the image an enduring perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment